Just released JWildfire V0.54.
Major new feature is the new family of external C++ based renderers called “JWildfireC”. They need less memory, are faster than the interal renderer and are optimized for rendering high quality images in acceptable time. Only a few features of JWildfire (e. g. the integrated Java compiler or certain variations) are not available in JWildfireC.
Currently only binaries for Windows 32Bit and Windows 64Bit (faster) are available. The external renderer currently features 222 variations and supports also the generation of hdr images.
Addionatlly, one new rendering option (only avaialble for JWildfireC) is a density estimating filter. In many cases this type of filter helps to improve image quality by smoothing portions with low density and keeping sharp details.
Complete list of changes:
- new family of external C++ based renderers called “JWildfireC” which are integrated into the main program
- density estimating filter for JWildfireC optimized to gain good image qiality at low sampling (=quality) rates
- new preferences option to set up the default renderer
- display render time in the title bar
- new controls for the density estimation filter options in the editor
- “ripple” variation by Xyrus02, added a new parameter “fixed_dist_calc” for calculating distance right (looks totally different then and make no sense to fix it in the original plugin)
Just click the “Random flames” button to start playing around and have fun 🙂